Monday, February 21, 2011

Wheelmen Acquire Stop & Shop Site / Stadium To Be Built

Westfield, MA - It was announced today, President's Day, by Westfield Wheelmen owner and president Anheiser Van Pilsner, that he had just purchased the site where today stands a Stop & Shop in downtown Westfield. "I have done this to do my part to help revitalize downtown Westfield," noted Van Pilsner, "I have always thought this site would have been ideal for the stadium but I decided not to purchase the site from the former owner and my good friend Mr. H.B. Smith because my plan was to let the new owners clean up the brown fields with their money...being the smart business man that I am." Groundbreaking will begin in April and the fast-track construction should have the stadium completed by early May.


The city scape will be the view from home plate as seen here.

                                            Artist rendition of the future Wheelmen Park