Friday, October 16, 2009

Rough House Published


My third book, this one on basketball has officially been published and is available now. Here is a blurb: Rough House is a rare glimpse of the turbulent world of professional basketball played in Westfield, Massachusetts, during the early 20th century. Often overlooked by historians of the game, this era of the pioneer leagues is considered the forefather of the NBA, played in small towns and cities located on train routes throughout the Northeast United States. This was professional basketball when the game was played in wire cages, small courts, rugby scrums and fisticuffs with no backboards, back-court violations, shot clocks or seven-foot giants. This is required reading for the modern day “cager.”

Let me answer two questions; Where can you buy the book in Westfield. The answer is nowhere other than directly from me until I can find a store left in town that can sell it. My baseball books were decent sellers until everyone of my book outlets folded...hmmm...makes me wonder. I have approached the Basketball Hall of Fame and I am confident they will take it in. Drop me an email if you would like to purchase dl.genovese@verizon.net or go to http://www.buybooksontheweb.com/product.aspx?ISBN=0-7414-5632-X

It will soon be on Amazon as well.

The second question is will I be starting vintage basket ball team? Maybe not a team but I am thinking about hosting a vintage basket ball game...complete with a cage.